Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stubbornella » Blog Archive » Woman in technology

Usually I avoid topics like women in technology because (1) it is a can of worms, and (2) I can really only speak for myself. For the most part, I’d rather be seen as a person in technology than a woman, but this weekend the twitterverse erupted with opinions about Google sponsoring female students to attend JSConf. As a woman who is often the only-woman-in-the-room, I want people to know it isn’t always easy. I was a bit shocked by the blatant failure to empathize.

Excellent piece. Unfortunately, I despair of people who refuse to see discrimination ever changing their mind. However, there are still the undecided who can be swayed to see things differently, so for everyone who cares about equality, let's keep the dialogue going.

Posted via email from Firesaw

No comments:

Post a Comment