Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

I Hate Boats

Boat voyages in epic fantasy


When you spend years and years immersed in any genre, I think it’s inevitable that you will come to develop prejudices. Patterns will begin to emerge before your eyes that change the way you experience the fiction you consume. Some of these biases will be reasonable, some will be arbitrary, and some will be, well, practically inexplicable. I know people who love fantasy but hate swords. This baffles me, because clearly swords are very great, but I won’t judge that preference. I certainly have my own prejudices, and today I’m going to explain one of them.


I absolutely loathe boats.


[Nautical readers may wish to avert their eyes.]


Read the full article




An interesting read via Tor.com Frontpage Partial - Blog and Story Content


No comments:

Post a Comment