Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

I thought I was all cried out...

...then I see this: Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert pay tribute to Steve Jobs (via tuaw.com)

It's strange, and somewhat embarrassing to be affected so by the passing of a stranger. An influential and remarkable individual, that's true, but a stranger nonetheless. I might just be vulnerable to the sentimentality of elegiacs such as these, but then again past reminiscences on the occasion of other note-worthy individuals' deaths never had the effect these and others like these have had on me.

I guess it just seems like a light has gone out, the world is a little bit darker, and we are a little poorer for his loss.

If someone like me who has a very peripheral connection to the man feels this saddened by Steve's departure, I can't imagine how much more profoundly his dear friends and family experience his passing. My thought go out to them at this difficult time.

Posted via email from Firesaw

No comments:

Post a Comment