Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Search Out Common Troubleshooting Problems Before Buying that New Gadget - Online Shopping - Lifehacker

Search Out Common Troubleshooting Problems Before Buying that New GadgetEven if you've honed your eye for fake online reviews, you can still end up purchasing a gadget that turns out to be a dud. Reader A3sthetix suggests searching out common repair issues before buying.

People often ask me if they should purchase some gadget I haven't used. I'll look up the usual reviews, but I also find searching previously mentioned troubleshooting web site FixYa and other forums for product problems before purchasing helps a lot for knowing what to expect. FixYa has been very helpful in determining which products are riddled with issues and bad support.

You'll still need to keep in mind that every gadget has occasional troubleshooting issues, but if a particular gadget seems to have a common and recurring problem, it's a good indicator that you may have the same problems.

Good advice. I'm gonna have to remember this the next time I make a big-ticket purchase.

Posted via web from Firesaw

No comments:

Post a Comment