When Tor.com asked me to write up a thing celebrating what would have been the 66th birthday of Robert Jordan, I was initially at something of a loss. Firstly, because I’ve been writing about Mr. Jordan and his works for approximately a million years now (okay, or five, whatever), and I thought to myself, what could I possibly say about him that I haven’t said already? And secondly, I thought, surely everyone already knows about this man and who he was and what he’s done, right?
But then I remembered that hey, guess what, everyone in the world is not me! (Shocking!) And ergo, there may be people out there who don’t know about Mr. James Oliver Rigney, Jr., and what an amazing person he was, and how many amazing things he did in his life even aside from writing one of the most popular and beloved fantasy series of all time.
[Read More]
An interesting read via Tor.com Frontpage Partial - Blog and Story Content
No comments:
Post a Comment